Business operations commenced on the 1st of July 2012 with 12 employees.
Our Journey So Far
FIRST E&P was founded in 2011 and since then, we have achieved critical milestones through our journey that we are immensely proud of:
- Business operations commenced on the 1st of July with 12 employees.
- We acquired a 10% shareholding interest in ND Western Limited (equivalent to 4.5% of the working interest in OML 34).
- A strategic partnership with Dangote Group resulted in the formation of the West African Exploration and Production Company Limited (WAEP) and the evolution of the East West Oil and Gas Gathering System Project.
- We emerged as the winning bidder for Chevron’s 40% working interest in OML 83 and OML 85.
- VITOL Group acquired a 10% shareholding interest in FIRST E&P.
- FIRST E&P’s affiliate, WAEP emerged as the winning bidder for the SPDC/TEPNG/NAOC JV’s 45% working interest in OML 71 and OML 72.
- DANGOTE Group and FIRST E&P obtained the Federal Government of Nigeria’s permission (Permit to Survey) to launch the EWOGGS Project.
- We concluded the acquisition of OML 83 and OML 85 and were assigned the operatorship of the 'OML 83 and OML 85 NNPC-FIRST E&P Joint Venture'. FIRST E&P’s affiliate (WAEP) completed the acquisition of OML 71 and OML 72 and was assigned the operatorship of the 'OML 71 and OML 72 NNPC-WAEP Joint Venture'.
- FIRST E&P in partnership with Dangote Industries acquired Twister B.V., a gas processing technology-driven company which delivers high yield and robust solutions in natural gas processing with zero emissions.
- Recognition by the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources as the 'Most Compliant Nigeria Content Oil Company'.
- Full field seismic data was acquired over OMLs 83 and 85.
- The NNPC/FIRST E&P Joint Venture took Final Investment Decision (FID) for the development of the Anyala and Madu fields in OMLs 83 and 85.
- FIRST E&P was declared the successful Bidder for Block GH WB 02 License in the Republic of Ghana
- First Oil in Anyala was achieved on 21st October 2020.
- On the 11th of November 2020, our executive team led by the Managing Director, Mr. Ademola Adeyemi-Bero, presented a mini model of the Abigail-Joseph Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) unit to the Group Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (‘NNPC’), Mr. Mele Kyari.
- The FPSO Abigail-Joseph, which is anchored at the Anyala West Field within OML 83 commenced offloading and export of oil from the Anyala West Field.
- NNPC/FIRST E&P JV undertook its first oil export on 10 January 2021
- 15th January 2022: achieved four million man hours with no LTI (Lost Time Incident) milestone