Health, Safety & Environment (HSE)
We understand that our long-term sustainability and value creation will be driven by an integrated approach of our commercial objectives in alignment to our Environmental impact.
Health, Safety & Environment
We are committed to operating with sound Health, Safety and Environmental practices to protect our people and the planet.
At FIRST E&P we are committed to providing and maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy work environment, operating conditions, equipment, and systems of work for the protection of all our employees, contractors, and third parties. We always endeavour to protect the health and safety of other people who may be affected by our activities.
We always ensure that our operations are mindful of its impact on the environment and we strive to protect the ecosystems within our operations and the communities in which we operate. We ensure that risk assessment and safe systems of work with effective control measures are in place for all the company’s activities, either executed directly or through our contractors or other third parties. The appropriate guidance is set out in our HSE management system which meets internationally accepted industry practice.
Health, Safety, Security, and Environment are the responsibility of all employees, Contractors & other Third Parties.
We have a well-articulated HSE policy in place. This policy will be implemented with the following strategies:
- Lead by example and demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE).
- Promote an HSE culture through visible and active participation, and recognising, reinforcing, and rewarding good HSE performance.
- Ensure that Health, Safety, and Environment considerations are given priority over our other business considerations.
- Always ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and the company HSE policy standard and processes.
- Apply a systemic approach to HSE management that achieves continuous HSE performance improvement, including setting strict HSE objectives and performing regular audits and review.
- Design our workplaces and work activities to minimise the risks to personnel and the environment.
- Encourage the use of the best available technology to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment, particularly in relation to the efficient use of materials, waste minimisation and the prevention of pollution.
- Ensure our employees have the required competencies for their tasks with the provision of HSE training and coaching, awareness programs and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to manage HSE risks to As Low As Reasonably Possible (ALARP).
- Develop communication channels to ensure the HSE policy and its objectives are understood by all employees, contractors, and related stakeholders, and to actively seek their input and feedback.
You may also be interested in
Our focus is to ensure we provide significant and viable contributions to energy needs and security locally and globally.
The Abigail-Joseph FPSO is a self-propelled, converted Suezmax trading tanker with 11 cargo storage tanks, 2 slop tanks and 6 dedicated water ballast tanks.